There are many things that you can do to help this project! Below is a list of technical and non-technical things that will make a difference.
- Create an OpenBSD port.
Create a FreeBSD port. Done.
- Create Ubuntu packages.
- Volunteer to help code ScatterChat v3.0 (v2.0 is already in its release-candidate phase).
- Fix Jabber encryption support.
- Add dmalloc support to libgcrypt.
- Create a USB-drive Windows distro so that ScatterChat doesn't require any installing.
- Volunteer as a language translator (Chinese, Farsi, and Arabic are especially needed).
- Test the internationalization support (especially the Chinese and Arabic languages).
- Get your friends to use ScatterChat.
- Find human rights activists in your area and tell them about Scatter Chat. Train them, if you can.
- Volunteer as a beta-tester.
- Proofread the user's guide.
- Make your mom read the user's guide, find out what confuses her, and fix it.
- Design a new splash image.
- Find someone who can do any of the above.
Please contact the project maintainer to coordinate.